(1) Below we provide information about the personal data we collect when you use our website. Personal data is all data that is associated personally with you, e.g. your name, address, e-mail addresses, user behaviour.
(2) The responsible party according to Art. 4 Para. 7 EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is Damovo Deutschland GmbH & Co. KG, Heerdter Lohweg 35, 40549 Düsseldorf, firstname.lastname@example.org. Contact our data protection officer at email@example.com or via our postal address, marking the envelope "Data Protection Officer".
This web page also contains information about further Damovo companies:
Damovo Österreich GmbH, Damovo Belgium S.A., Damovo Ireland Limited, Damovo Luxembourg s.à.r.l., Damovo Polska sp. z o.o., Damovo Schweiz AG, Damovo Costa Rica SRL, Damovo USA Inc
(3) When you contact us by e-mail or via a contact form, we store the data you provide (your e-mail address, your name (if applicable), your position and your telephone number) in order to answer your questions. We delete all such data once its storage is no longer necessary, or restrict its processing in cases where statutory retention obligations apply.
(4) We provide detailed information below about the processes in cases where we contract service providers to carry out particular functions or wish to use your data for advertising purposes. We also list the criteria concerning the storage period.
(1) You have the following rights in relation to us with regard to your personal data:
(2) You also have the right to submit a complaint to a data protection supervisory authority regarding our processing of your personal data.
(1) When using the website for information purposes only, i.e. if you do not register or otherwise provide us with information, we only collect the personal data that your browser transmits to our server. Whenever you view our website, we collect the following data which is technically necessary for us to make our website available to you and to ensure stability and security (the legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR):
(2) We store the aforementioned data when you use our website and also store cookies on your computer. Cookies are small text files that are saved on the hard disk by your browser. These communicate certain information items to the site which set the cookie (in this case, us). Cookies cannot run programs or transmit viruses to your computer. They serve to increase the user-friendliness and overall effectiveness of a website.
a) a) This website uses the following types of cookies, the scope and functioning of which are explained below:
b) Transient cookies are automatically deleted when you close your browser. They include (in particular) the session cookies. These store a so-called session ID which allows different requests from your browser to be assigned to the common session. This allows your computer to be recognised when you return to our website. Session cookies are deleted when you log out or close your browser.
c) Persistent cookies are automatically deleted after a specified period; this may vary depending on the cookie. You can delete cookies at any time in the security settings of your browser.
d) You can configure your browser settings as you wish and, e.g., refuse to accept third party cookies, or all cookies. Please note that you may then not be able to use all the functions of this website.
f) The Flash cookies used are recorded not by your browser, but by your Flash plug-in. We also use HTML5 storage objects that are stored on your device. These objects store the required data independently of your browser and do not have an automatic expiry date. If you do not want the Flash cookies to be processed, you will need to install an appropriate add-on, such as the Adobe Flash Killer Cookie for Google Chrome. You can prevent the use of HTML5 storage objects by using "private mode" in your browser. We also recommend that you manually delete your cookies and your browser history on a regular basis.
(1) In addition to simply providing information on our website, we also offer various other services which may interest you. As a rule, you must provide us with further personal data in order for us to deliver the respective service and to which the aforementioned data processing principles apply.
(2) In some cases, we use external service providers to process your data. These have been carefully selected, commissioned and instructed by us and are regularly reviewed.
(3) Furthermore, we may pass on your personal data to third parties in cases where we offer promotions, competitions, conclusion of contracts or similar services in combination with partners. Further information is provided upon submission of your personal data or at the end of the description of the offer in question.
(4) If our service providers or partners are based in a country outside the European Economic Area (EEA), we will inform you of the consequences of this circumstance in the description of the offering.
(1) If you have given your consent to the processing of your data, you can revoke this at any time. Such a revocation, once issued, restricts our ability to process your personal data.
(2) In cases in which we base the processing of your personal data on the balancing of interests, you may object to the processing. This is the case in particular if such processing is not necessary to fulfil a contract with you, as described by us in the relevant function descriptions. If you exercise such a right to opposition, we ask you to give the reasons why we should not process your personal data in our customary manner. In the event of justified opposition, we will examine the circumstances and either stop or adjust the data processing, or advise you of our compelling and protection-worthy reasons for continuing to process your data.
Naturally, you can object to the processing of your personal data for advertising or data analysis purposes at any time. You can register your opposition to advertising-related processing using the following e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(1) You can opt in to our newsletter subscription. This keeps you informed about our latest interesting offers. The advertised goods and services are given in the declaration of consent.
(2) We use the so-called double opt-in method for subscriptions to our newsletter. This means that once you have registered we will send an e-mail to the address you give us. In the e-mail we ask you to confirm that you would like to receive the newsletter. If you do not confirm your registration within 24 hours, your information will be blocked and automatically deleted after one month. In addition, we store your IP addresses plus the time of registration and confirmation. The purpose of this is to provide us with evidence of your registration and, if necessary, to clarify any misuse of your personal data.
(3) Mandatory information for receiving the newsletter includes your e-mail address, your name, your company, your function and the size of your company. The submission of further (specially marked) data is voluntary and is used to provide information which is tailored to your needs. After confirmation, this data will be saved for the purpose of sending you the newsletter. The legal basis is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. a GDPR.
(4) You can revoke your consent to transmission of the newsletter, or cancel it, at any time. Revoke your consent by clicking on the link provided in each newsletter e-mail, or by sending an e-mail to email@example.com or a message to the contact address given in the impressum.
(5) We would like to point out that we evaluate your user behaviour via the newsletter. The e-mails we send contain so-called web beacons or tracking pixels, which are single-pixel image files stored on our website. For the analysis we link the data given in section 3 and the web beacons with your e-mail address and an individual ID. Links in the newsletter also contain this ID. We use the data obtained in this way to create a user profile and tailor the newsletter to your individual interests. We record when you read our newsletters and which links you click on in them, and use this information to deduce your personal interests. We combine this data with details of your behaviour on our website.
You can reject this tracking at any time by clicking on the separate link provided in each e-mail or by informing us via any other method. The information is stored for as long as you subscribe to the newsletter. After cancellation we store the data on a purely statistical and anonymous basis. Such tracking is also not possible if you have disabled the display of images in your e-mail program by default. In this case the newsletter will not be displayed completely and you may not be able to use all functions. The tracking also takes place if you display the images manually.
Cookies are stored for the purpose of conducting effective statistical surveys and for the development of accurate interest profiles.
(1) This website uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. ("Google"). Google Analytics uses "cookies". These are text files saved on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the site. This cookie-based information on how you use the website is then sent to a Google server in the USA where it is stored. However, if IP anonymisation is enabled on the website, your IP address is first truncated by Google within the member states of the European Union or other parties to the Agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases will the full IP address be sent to a Google server in the USA and truncated there. The website operator has instructed Google to use this information to analyse your use of the website, compile reports on website activity and provide further services associated with usage of the website and the Internet.
(2) The IP address sent to Google Analytics by your browser will not be combined with any other data by Google.
(3) You can prevent cookies from being saved by making appropriate changes to your browser settings; we would like to point out, however, that it may not then be possible to exploit the full range of functions available on this website. Furthermore, you can prevent your website usage data (including your IP address) from being recorded by the cookie or from being sent to Google, or prevent Google from processing this data, by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available in the following link: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
(4) This website uses Google Analytics with the extension "anonymizeIp()". IP addresses are then further processed in truncated form, thereby preventing personal identification. If the data collected about you contains a personal reference to you, it will be excluded immediately and the personal data deleted immediately.
(5) We use Google Analytics to analyse and regularly improve the use of our website. The statistics obtained help us improve the service we offer and make it more interesting for you as a user. In the exceptional cases in which personal data is transferred to the USA, Google is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework. The legal basis for the use of Google Analytics is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(6) Third Party Information: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd., Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001. User conditions: www.google.com/analytics/terms/de.html; Overview of data protection: www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html; data protection declaration: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy.
(1) We currently use the following social media plug-ins: Twitter, Xing, LinkedIn, Google+ and Facebook. We use the so-called two-click solution. This means that when you visit our site, no personal data is initially passed on to the providers of the plug-ins. The provider of the plug-in is recognisable from the marking on the box above its initial letter or from the logo. We allow you to communicate directly with the provider of the plug-in via the button. Only if you click on the marked field to activate it will the plug-in provider be informed that you have accessed the corresponding site from our website. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration is also transmitted. In the case of Xing, the IP address is anonymised immediately after collection, according to the respective providers in Germany. By activating the plug-in, you transfer your personal data to the respective plug-in provider, where it is stored (in the USA for US providers). Since the plug-in provider collects data mainly via cookies, we recommend that you delete all cookies in your browser's security settings before clicking on the greyed-out box.
(2) We have no influence over the data collected and the data processing processes, nor are we aware of the full extent of data collection, the purposes of the processing or the storage periods. We also have no information regarding the deletion of the data collected by the plug-in provider.
(3) The plug-in provider stores the data collected about you in the form of user profiles and uses these for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring the design of its website. Such evaluations are conducted above all for the presentation of tailored advertising (including for users who are not logged in) and in order to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of such user profiles; to do so you must contact the respective plug-in provider. Through the plug-ins we allow you to interact with social networks and other users; this enables us to improve the service we provide and make it more interesting for you as a user. The legal basis for use of the plug-ins is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR.
(4) The data is forwarded regardless of whether you have an account with the plug-in provider and are logged in there. If you are logged in with the plug-in provider, the data we collect from you is assigned directly to your account with the plug-in provider. If you click the activated button and, e.g., link to the page, the plug-in provider also stores this information in your user account and shares it publicly with your contacts. We recommend that you log out regularly after using a social network, especially before activating the button, as you can then avoid being assigned to your profile with the plug-in provider.
(5) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by the plug-in provider can be found in the data protection declarations of the following providers below. They will also provide you with further information about your rights and the privacy protection setting options.
(6) Addresses of the respective plug-in providers and URLs of their data protection policies:
a) Google Inc., 1600 Amphitheater Parkway, Mountainview, California 94043, USA; www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/. Google is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
c) Xing AG, Gänsemarkt 43, 20354 Hamburg, DE; www.xing.com/privacy.
d) LinkedIn Corporation, 2029 Stierlin Court, Mountain View, California 94043, USA; www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy. Twitter is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We have integrated YouTube videos into our website. These are stored on www.YouTube.com and can be played directly from our website. These are all integrated in "extended data protection mode", i.e. no data about you as a user is transmitted to YouTube if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) When you visit the website, YouTube is informed that you have accessed the corresponding subpage of our website. The data specified in section 3 of this declaration is also transmitted. This is independent of whether or not you have a YouTube user account which you are logged in to. If you are logged in to Google, your information will be directly assigned to your account. If you do not wish to be assigned to your YouTube profile, you should log out before activating the button. YouTube stores your data in the form of user profiles and uses these for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring the design of its website. Such evaluations (even users who are not logged in) are conducted in particular for the delivery of tailored advertising and in order to inform other social network users about your activities on our website. You have a right to object to the creation of these user profiles; contact YouTube directly to do so.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by YouTube can be found in the data protection declaration. This also contains further information about your rights and the privacy protection setting options: www.google.de/intl/de/policies/privacy. Google also processes your personal data in the USA and is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We have integrated Wistia videos into our website. These are stored on wistia.com and can be played directly from our website. No data about you as a user will be transmitted to Wistia if you do not play the videos. Only when you play the videos will the data referred to in paragraph 2 be transmitted. We have no influence over this data transmission.
(2) Wistia collects various types of personal data and uses these for advertising and market research purposes and/or for tailoring the design of its website. Whenever you play a video, Wistia automatically receives and stores information about your server logs from your browser, including your IP address, cookie information and the page you requested. A detailed explanation of cookies can be found in section 3 (2). In addition, Wistia uses so-called "Flash cookies" as described in section 3 (2) (f). Wistia does not use Flash cookies for interest-based advertising.
(3) Further information on the purpose and scope of data collection and its processing by Wistia can be found in the data protection declaration. This also contains further information about your rights and the privacy protection setting options: wistia.com/privacy. Wistia also processes your personal data in the USA and is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.
(1) We use Google Adwords to draw attention to our attractive offerings on third party websites. The advertising campaign data helps us to determine how successful the individual advertising measures are. The purpose of this is to display advertisements that are of interest to you, to make our website more appealing to you and to obtain a fair calculation of advertising costs.
(2) This advertising is provided by Google via so-called "ad servers". We use ad server cookies for this purpose. These allow to ascertain the success by measuring certain parameters, such as ad impressions or user clicks. Whenever you access our website via a Google ad, Google Adwords stores a cookie on your PC. These cookies usually expire after 30 days and are not intended to identify you personally. The unique ID of this cookie, the number of ad impressions per placement (frequency), the last impression (relevant for post-view conversions) and opt-out information (marker indicating that the user no longer wishes to be targeted) are usually stored as analysis values.
(3) These cookies enable Google to recognise your Internet browser. If a user visits certain pages of an Adwords customer's website and the cookie stored on his/her computer has not expired, Google and the customer can detect that the user has clicked on the ad and has been redirected to this page. Each Adwords customer is assigned a different cookie. Cookies cannot therefore be traced via the websites of Adwords customers. We ourselves do not collect and process any personal data in such advertising. We only receive statistical analyses from Google. On the basis of these analyses we can recognise which of the advertising measures deployed are most effective. We do not receive any further data regarding the use of advertising materials; in particular, we cannot identify users on the basis of this information.
(4) The marketing tools automatically cause your browser to establish a direct connection to the Google server. We have no influence over the extent and further use of the data which Google collects through this tool and therefore can only provide information based on what we ourselves know: through the integration of AdWords Conversion, Google is informed that you have accessed the corresponding part of our website or clicked on one of our ads. If you are registered with a Google service, Google may assign your visit to your account. Even if you are not registered with Google or have not logged in, the provider may still obtain and store your IP address.
(5) You can prevent participation in this tracking process in various ways: a) by changing the appropriate setting in your browser, in particular by suppressing third-party cookies which will stop you receiving ads from third-party providers; b) by disabling conversion tracking cookies by setting your browser to block cookies from the "www.googleadservices.com" domain, www.google.de/settings/ads, although these settings are deleted if you delete your cookies; c) by disabling the interest-based ads of providers that are part of the "About Ads" self-regulation campaign via the link www.aboutads.info/choices, although this setting is deleted if you delete your cookies; d) by permanently disabling this in your browsers (Firefox, Internet Explorer or Google Chrome) via the link www.google.com/settings/ads/plugin. We would like to point out that it may not then be possible to exploit the full range of functions available on this website.
(6) The legal basis for the processing of your data is Art. 6 para. 1 sentence 1 lit. f GDPR. Further information on data protection by Google can be found at: www.google.com/intl/de/policies/privacy and services.google.com/sitestats/de.html. Alternatively, you can visit the website of the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) at www.networkadvertising.org Google is regulated by the EU-US Privacy Shield, www.privacyshield.gov/EU-US-Framework.